Camping in Tournon sur Rhône - "Green Ardèche"
The Ardèche and its surrounding area are rich with cultural sites, excellent vineyards, superb produce and culinary specialities… It also offers breathtakingly beautiful landscapes, which you can discover as you indulge in a wide array of different activities.
- "Eyrieux Sports" proposes you activities of waters life (Tel: 06 69 39 86 08)
- Guided walking tours in the Doux Valley (Tournon Tourist Office), trips to the Cuves de Duzon and other walking circuits (maps can be borrowed from reception)
- Road cycling or mountain bike circuits, and of course, l’Ardéchoise (www.ardechoise.com), a famous road bike race which attracts riders from all over Europe every June
- Accro-Forest for adventurers, whether young or old (www.accroforest.com)
- The Kart track of La Roche-de-Glun (kartingvalence.com)
- Visits to the vineyards or the open days of the wine cellars of Saint-Joseph and of l’Hermitage
The farmers' markets to discover the local fare and fresh produce
The Valrhona Museum of Chocolate
For History lovers:
- Visit to the Castle-Museum of Tournon (14th and 16th century) (ville-tournon.com/chateau-musee)
Visit of the 12th century picturesque village of Boucieu-le-Roi, labelled Village de Caractère (Tournon Tourist Office)
The medieval village of Désaignes (desaignes.fr)
For family outings:
- The "Train de l'Ardèche" and the "Vélorail" are ideal ways to explore the Gorges du Doux (prior booking recommended).(trainardeche.fr & velorailardeche.com)
The Musée de l'Alambic – distillery museum (jeangauthier.com)
The Palais du Facteur Cheval (facteurcheval.com)
The Peaugres Safari Park (www.safari-peaugres.com)
The archaeological caves and museum of Soyons (rhonecrussol.fr)
We have a wide selection of tourist brochures available at reception.